Are Women actually safe in Bangladesh?
"Step out of my way",says she with her trembling voice towards two mid aged men wearing white tupi.
"Your outfit isn’t appropriate in here"
Harsh words with a agitated voice echoes through the subway where people stops to see what's going on & they seems enjoying the chaos rather than stepping up for the woman who seems helpless towards embarrassments. I don’t know what happened right next minutes as my mom hurriedly moved away from the place with me. I was in school back then,never imagined to stand up against all of those hujurs but deep down inside I knew what they were doing was undoubtedly wrong. I grew up,empty hand became fist but still I feel helpless when another woman get harassed in front of me for her clothing style in public. When will my country be livable for woman? In the name of religion they keeps pushing woman into their desirable choice & rules.
Now,the above scenario is just a normal phenomenon in Bangladesh. If any girl wears tight torso,she shall be bullied in public. If any girl wears heavy makeup,she shall tolerate unwanted touch in public.If any girl have tattoo on her arms,people will talk behind her back. If any girl wears shorts,then she must have to face public negligence & bas-eyeing. If any girl walks down the road at midnight,even the police can't resist to harras her. Where is our Bangladesh? Where is our freedom? Where is a woman's free will in my country? There's nothing left for the speech.
Mst. Nazia Naushin
01776240569
15.12.22.
Comments
Post a Comment